Friday, May 14, 2010

Rejection

Being in a wheelchair is hard, but what is even harder is when people reject you or discrimnate against you because of it. AJ and I live in a ward where lets just say a few people think that because I am handicapped now I must be mentally handicapped as well. All they see is the wheelchair. Why can't people see me? I am still capable of doing many things. I may not be able to ride a bike or walk yet but someday I will walk. Maybe not a marathon but I will walk. No my memory isn't the best and I do have a hard time thinking of words do to the strokes but I am still all there.I just wish there was some nice way of saying that to them. Instead I take the rude comments every week and I get my feelings hurt. But that is ok I am alive. I get to be here with my wonderful husband who I love dearly. We get to see our family when we get a chance. I wish I could say that rejection due to my strokes and my wheelchair by these people or people on the streets or elsewhere doesn't hurt but it does. I think over time it won't. I think rejection in any form for any person hurts. It just does. But I take a deep breath shake it off inside and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment