Sunday, May 9, 2010

Reality sets in.

Friday was such a fun day I went to Denver with a friend to a disability expo at Craig Hospital they had different wheelchairs designs carriers and equipment. So many cool things to see and want especially when you are in a wheelchair for so many hours a day doing so many things. With my second stroke I think everyone was hoping and thinking oh we will see here up and walking again in no time. No such luck I try my hardest every day I am still doing Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy (for memory and problem solving) as well as seeing a nurse for my blood clotting disorder. I know I will walk again however I also know I will always be in a wheelchair too. I have come to accept this I stay positive and keep trying my hardest and moving on I take a deep breath and have some fun like on friday going to Denver with a friend going to dinner with her and AJ and then we went and watched a movie at home. Then saturday rolls around something happens and reality smacks me in the face of what I will never be able to do again. It is funny how life happens when I was 18 I felt like I had everything before me, could do anything, I guess just goes to show you never know what you will be tried with. Everyone has to have their battles. We found out on AJ's birthday that one of my bloodclotting test came back postitive I will be on blood thinner's the rest of my life. The bloodclotting disorder caused my strokes and at least now we know. Someone in my family referred to bloodthinners as rat poison which of course they are not. They are saving my life. People are quick to judge but if the table's were ever turned I am sure it would be different. I am learning that here in Colorado when you are in a wheelchair lots of people are quick to judge it is sad. Everyone has their own challenges and we do not know there circumstances. I am sorry I don't mean to preach I have just gotten my feelings hurt a lot! lately, here. So just something to think about.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about the blood thinners! Matthew was super close to being on those the rest of his life as well. If anything more ever happens to his heart, he will be. Here's to hoping all the therapy will help you walk again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Hillary! I hope that everything goes well with his heart. Hey what is your guys blog address?

    ReplyDelete