Monday, March 29, 2010

Another Tough Day

This Sunday was a difficult day. Kim had another Grand mal seizure and was feeling woozy all day long. For those who don't know much about different types of seizures, a Grand mal seizure is the type of seizure that most people think of when they hear the word seizure. The body shakes and arms, sometimes legs, shake back and forth. They hurt very badly and can take several days, and even a week to recover back to normal. Well, we couldn't go to church, because Kim was so weak and felt like she was going to have another seizure. We did get to watch the Testaments video at home and listened to Music and the Spoken Word. The BYU channel has so many different programs to watch. We even got to see some of the Women's Conference session on Saturday.
Kim's shoulder and entire arm started to hurt after her seizure and so we took her to the ER to make sure that nothing was broken. She had landed on her right shoulder. Thankfully, it wasn't broken, but it was sprained or something. It hurts.

On the bright side, I got to read some more of the scriptures while we were in the ER. I read about when the sons of Aaron, the Levites, were set apart and given the responsibility of the Aaronic Priesthood to work in the Tabernacle, in the Old Testament. I've only read parts of the Old Testament before, so I've set a goal to read the entire Old Testament this time. I also read about the Passover. The Lord was understanding to people if they were traveling during the Passover. They were to do there part of the Passover in the second month rather than the first, if they were traveling during the Passover. I didn't know that. This is in the book of Numbers if you want to look it up!

Well, it's past my bedtime, it's almost 2am, so I should probably get some sleep. I love you Kim and I hope you get feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment